Saturday, December 01, 2007

Thanksgiving

I realized I haven't written about Thanksgiving yet. Thanksgiving was pretty busy for me. I actually had two Thanksgivings. I helped plan the Thanksgiving for our faculty, it is an optional thing, usually several families get invitations to other places, so it's not all the staff. Well this year, all but one staff member and their families came, for a grand total of 48 people. I was overwhelmed at the thought of that many people at what is my favorite holiday. So we had a smaller Thanksgiving on Wednesday with the Lundy's and my roommates, for our intimate family Thanksgiving.
Dinner #1

The huge group Thanksgiving was actually on Thursday. We had a half-day of school, so I came home right away and got busy cooking. I made turkey, pumpkin pie, cranberry salad, and green bean casserole. Sara decorated the canteen (we had to have it at school, no one has a big enough place to house all of us). She divided the tables into groups of 10. Each table had a different centerpiece. It was beautiful. We made a big circle, held hands and had a prayer before we ate. I was so pleasantly surprised at what a wonderful time I had and it really was a nice Thanksgiving.
Dinner #2





In these pictures: decorated table; food (yes there was ham); Jalah, Malka & Esmer (our Turkish teacher); Mollie & Mary Erin; Turkan (our secretary's mom) & Ferhat (our security guard); Liz, Mason, Isaac & Adam.




No comments: