Several interesting things have happened in the last two days, or at least I think they are interesting. Yesterday I was sitting the kitchen reading a book while I was eating lunch, delaying going to work at school since I don't feel very well. [I have a throat, cold, coughing, fun thing; which I'm hoping will go away soon.] As I was sitting there the table and my chair began to shake, I thought how weird, could it be an earthquake? No, I've never felt one before, must be the wind, which was mighty yesterday. I did contemplate if it was an earthquake I would move to the door frame, but it stopped after a few seconds. Well, come to find out it WAS an earthquake. I'm very excited that I actually felt one. I know of at least three occasions where we've had small ones and I should have felt them, but did not.
The other interesting thing yesterday was we had our faculty fellowship last night. Another meeting of the "seven day a week club," because we spend loads of time together. The home office requires us to meet at least once every two months. I wasn't really looking forward to it because I was feeling bad, but it was probably one of the best we've ever had. We had breakfast for dinner with the rare treat of sausage and bacon. We played a fun game where we had to guess which fact about a person was true. We learned a lot about each other! We finished the night by sharing what we appreciate about other people on our team. It was very encouraging.
I'm sure you're wondering when I'm going to get to the Turkish husband part, well here it is. I had a very interesting lunch. We invited a friend to go eat with Jenna and me, as is our tradition, to eat out every Sunday. We jokingly told her she could bring a friend, but didn't expect she would bring anyone because of where we were eating. She shows up with two other teachers, a Turkish couple, their son, and an American guy. Now this American guy has been labeled the "pink shirt guy" by us because we didn't know his name, and he could be Matthew McConaughey's twin. Seriously cute guy. Matthew McConaughey makes it into my top five. [If you are curious the rest of my list is Colin Firth, Jason Statham, Oded Fehr, and Gerard Butler (who is number one), a very international list.] Back to lunch, basically this couple was a very sweet Turkish family of believers, they love Americans, but it was obvious they were eyeing one of our friends for their son. She would have two to chose from, one here and one who lives in America. They told us they told their son in America to marry a nice American woman. As Jenna put it, it was better than any setups that she has been subjected to. First they were believers, and second, they brought a translator (cute McConaughey look-a-like). Jenna has been to a lot of Turkish birthday parties for her students in the past two months, so she has plenty of experience in this area. It was a fun lunch, we had good conversation, a cute boy to eat with, and they treated us to lunch. All in all, a very interesting weekend.

7 comments:
I sure wouldn't mind if YOU married a Matthew McConaughey look-alike. :) Well... I might be jealous, but he'd be fun to have around in the summer at the lake.
Look into this! :)
Well you have to admit that Matthew and I would have beautiful curly headed babies!
are you talking about joel? i thought the same thing when i first met him!
yep joel! guilty as charged.
This got me to thinking, who would be in my top 5. It took a few days to figure it out.
1. Joe Nichols
2. Michael Johns (current american idol contestant... who looks shockingly like my first boyfriend)
3. Colin Ferrell
4. Antonio Banderas
5. James Marsden
Arlene - the James Marsden one surprised me, but I like him too. I had to look up Michael Johns, no American Idol here, but I approve. :)
Yeah, James Marsden is a little wholesome for mynormal tastes, but if you have seen him in Gossip you will get it. Who can resit that pointy nose and dimples?
Post a Comment