I mentioned in a previous post that we had a really great faculty fellowship last Saturday. The words of encouragement that everyone shared about each other was a real high point. Beth led devotions this week at school. She had prayed and felt directed to encourage us. She collected notes from parents and students who wanted to show their appreciation. It was very encouraging and a great reminder of why I'm here and why I do what I do. I just wanted to share a few.
To all teachers:
"Teachers you rock! Keep on teaching!"
One to Jenna:
The mother wrote that her daughter was so glad she came to Turkey, because if she hadn't, she never would have had Miss Newcomer as a teacher.
Some to me:
"Thank you for opening my worldview."
"You're awesome. I don't know why you check the info you give us when you always turn out to be right."
Overall they expressed that they know we care about them and they sense a different environment at the school. I don't have room to share them all, but let's just say it was a real blessing.

No comments:
Post a Comment