Thursday, March 13, 2008

What's Going On?

I haven't posted in over a week, so I feel like I need to give an update on life in this part of the world. Unfortunately, not too much is going on. School 5 to 6 days a week, maybe a venture out of Çiğdem on Saturday and church on Sunday. Some days it feels like the weeks are flying by, but on other days, it feels like Friday is an eternity away. I've been very busy working with students after school with MUNESCO and Advanced Placement. The MUNESCO Conference is at the end of this month, so that burden will be lifted soon. AP goes into the early weeks of May, so that one is going to last awhile. The light at the end of the tunnel has been Spring Break. Spring Break is the week of March 30th. Jenna and I are looking forward to some quality time outside of Ankara. I'll write more about where we are going soon. I'm really excited.

We did go to the pazar on Sunday. We don't go to the local pazar during the winter very often, it's so cold and there is not as much selection. Sunday after lunch we went and were delighted to see that spring produce has arrived. I got these weird oranges that I was hoping might be ruby red, all the while knowing they weren't, that actually are regular oranges injected with pomegranate juice. They were tart, but different. We spent a good bit of Sunday cleaning produce and cooking. The strawberries were very good.

The weather is trying to warm up. The mornings and nights are still pretty cold, in the 30s, but it is getting to 60 during the day. We haven't had daylight savings time yet, we will change March 30th. This means we will get to sleep in a little later for the sunrise service. They had tulips at the flower market last week, I love tulip season! Hope your week is going good.

No comments: