As I was sitting in Panera right before my flight with my parents, I couldn't really grasp that I was getting ready to fly back to Turkey. And that I would be in my bed in about 24 hours. My actually flying time is 12 hours, but from the start of my trip till I actually get home it's 24 hours. I felt the same way when I left Turkey, it didn't seem real that I would be in America the next day. I think I am beginning to realize more now that I have two lives, one in America and one in Turkey. Sometimes they come in contact. I had a wonderful time with two of my former students who are at Liberty University. We went shopping and out to eat. It's fun when the two worlds come together, though I think the people that were with us were confused for much of our conversations. I love both of my lives. I wish they didn't feel so separate sometimes though.
I do want to say that it was great to see all the people that I did get to see. There was not enough time, there never is, so I didn't get to see or spend enough time with everyone I wanted to see. I did have a great time visiting SRMS, my former workplace. The double-take that everyone did when they saw me walking through the halls was very entertaining. Being at Staunton River also helped me remember how different things are between SRMS and OIS. I do miss Staunton River.
Exams start in just over a week. I've got the high school boys coming over for a movie night in two weeks. We have the winter formal in less than a month. So life is back to normal here, busy, but fun. I have uploaded all my Christmas pictures to my facebook account. You can access my pictures using the link below even if you don't have facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=25948&l=48cab&id=620259852

No comments:
Post a Comment