Today I decided was finally the day to tackle a project that I've been putting off for awhile. A portion of my parent's basement is dedicated to housing the boxes that I packed my life into five years ago. I down-sized when I moved from my house to my parent's house in June of 2005, having a massive yard sale to get rid of a lot of stuff. Apparently though I still have a lot of stuff. My mission is to try to down-size all of my stuff to fit into a closet. I'd like to get all of my items packed up into less than ten boxes, as opposed to the currently over twenty boxes.
So far things are going very well. I've already emptied three boxes and have four boxes ready for a yard sale. (I've got a friend heading to serve in Haiti and she's selling everything she has in a massive yard sale, figured I make a donation of stuff.) I've got three boxes that will have to stay. As I look around my floor right now though, it is a little overwhelming. There are a lot of things I need to go through. It has been fun to reminisce as I've found pictures and letters and things that I forgot I had. I figure it will be a long time before I have my own home to decorate in America again. Besides, when I do finally have that home in America I'm going to want to fill it will all the things I've gotten from overseas.

1 comment:
Thanks for my chocolates!!!!!!!!!!! Peanut butter and chocolate, never a better marriage. You are awesome! (Yes, I know some were for Ross...)
Post a Comment