Friday, July 23, 2010

Florida!

I took a super quick trip to Florida this week. I left Monday after lunch and came back Wednesday morning. A local airline has really cheap flights only on certain days, at certain times, but I thought it was well worth it. I was able to see Tim and Ben, both of whom I taught it Turkey. These are some great guys and we had a lot of fun. I really like Tim's parents as well, who were gracious enough to let me stay at their house.

Tim and I went to the beach on Monday evening and had dinner with the family. Ben came Tuesday and Tim showed us his snakes. He has three, plus some eggs that will all hopefully survive. Tim could be the next Steve Irwin. I posted a link to one of his videos on youtube. I've learned a lot from Tim about reptiles and other animals. He's really helping me to not be so afraid of snakes. Definitely take snakes over mice. (I have a huge fear of mice/rats.)

Later we went to Sea World. We rode the roller coasters and saw lots of cool animals. For me though, the best part was just getting to spend time with them. I made such amazing connections during my time in Turkey. I feel really blessed to have taught so many great kids.

No comments: