Monday, March 13, 2006

True Blue

Of all the years to be out of the country! Well the North Carolina Duke Blue Devils are again the ACC Champions for Men's Basketball. One of the hardest things about moving to Turkey was knowing that I would miss my ACC basketball and JJ's last season. So sad, but so happy they won! I do have my bracket up for the NCAA tourney, but unfortunately I will not get to see any of the games. Total disappointment. Some sacrifices are worth it though! :)

I have got to see a few games that the folks have shipped over. I would like all you Carolina fans to know the joy I have of no one knowing here who the Tarheels are! And I have only seen one piece of college paraphernalia since I've been in Turkey - and it was for Duke! Those Turks have great taste!

I'm heading to Istanbul this weekend for pleasure, not another conference. My friend will be in Friday, we'll meet up and do some sightseeing, then off to Italy for Spring Break. It's only two more weeks till Spring Break. I'm really looking forward to Italy. I'll have lots to post about it soon. I also got my tickets home for the summer. I'll be stateside from June 14th to August 16th.

*BTW - Daylight Savings Time starts a week earlier here (for all of Europe - the US is behind). So the time difference from Virginia to here will only be 6 hours the week of March 26th. Of course that is the week I'm in Italy so it will really be 5 hours for me.

No comments: