My friend Chad is visiting from Virginia. We spent this past weekend in Istanbul. This is a picture of us on the ferry that goes up the Bosphorus. We saw the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Grand Bazar, Spice Market, Byzantine Cisterns and Topkapi Palace during our weekend. I've added pictures to my photobucket account. The link is below. It was really cold. It snowed in Ankara while we were gone. We had a great weekend. I took off Friday and Monday from school. I had been to all of those places before, but it's nice to share them with someone who is new to Turkey. It's neat too to see his reactions to things that I have become very accustomed to at this point. There are different smells and sounds here. It's funny too for me to realize how much I have become accustomed to things that I thought were odd when I first arrived.
We are back in Ankara now. We leave tomorrow evening for Ephesus. We'll take the bus and get there early Saturday morning. My roomates will be joining us as well. Then Chad and I will leave on Sunday for Italy. Very excited about that. It's weird having someone from my world in the states see my world in Turkey, but it's nice as well. You know you guys want to come visit too!
http://photobucket.com/albums/y145/CDeLong/Turkey/Istanbul/

No comments:
Post a Comment