- I get to drive in America. I really miss driving. It's wonderful, I just hop in the car and go wherever I want!
- I can understand everyone! My first day back I went to get my haircut and it was neat just to sit and be able to understand every one's conversations because they were in English.
- I'm not the only one with a southern accent...matter of fact, most everyone has one, and some are thicker than mine! I get picked on a lot for my accent in Turkey. Only one other staff member has a thick southern accent. I warned people that mine would be much thicker after spending two weeks here. I love it!
- One word...PORK! Yes, I love ham and sausage and bacon. Aahh, the bliss of pork.
- American food I can't get in Turkey: Dr. Pepper, Mt. Dew, blueberries, cranberries, butterfingers, cheddar cheese, Wendy's, Mexican, Chick-fil-a, Maggie Moo's, etc.
- I'm in the same time zone with my friends and family. I can call people and not have to worry that I'll be waking them up.
About Me
- Crystal DeLong
- Virginia, United States
- the musings of a TCA (third culture adult) who has fallen in love with international teaching; this Virginia girl has been to Turkey and back again, read more to follow my travels around the globe...
Friday, December 29, 2006
How I Know I'm in America
I've been home in Virginia for over a week now. It's amazing how quickly time is passing by. I'll be heading back to Turkey in just under a week. I've really enjoyed my time here and it has been relaxing. I was a little worried I'd be running around so much it actually wouldn't be a vacation, but that has not been the case. I thought I would share a few thoughts I have being in America.
No comments:
Post a Comment