Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Wednesday

It's a typical Wednesday here in Turkey. It's cold, but no snow. We have exams next week, I think there is snow in the forecast then. Exams were cancelled last year due to the snow. I figure once I get the exams all typed up and ready to go, then it will snow!

Life has been very busy since I returned to Turkey. I really enjoyed my time in America. It seems so long ago! This is our second week back in school. I've been busy grading papers and preparing for exams. We have our winter ball coming up in a few weeks as well. That is an event Student Council puts on, and I am the advisor for student council.

There is not much to report other than that. School is keeping me very busy. Hana moved out Tuesday, so it's just Jenna and myself in the apartment again. I'm back in my regular routine again. I know it sounds crazy, but it's easy to forget that I live in a foreign country. You get in a routine and things become very familiar. Every once in awhile I have one of those moments when I remember, "hey, I'm living in a foreign country, cool!". Usually it's on a bus when I see something that would never happen in America. Today I got to teach my World History students about the Civil War. I always make sure to tell them about the important Virginians! :)

Below is our family picture on Christmas Eve.

No comments: