Monday, February 12, 2007

New Job Option

I just wanted to share a few thoughts about life in Turkey lately. We have been having problems with our hot water heater (our kombi) since we came back this year. Jenna and I have become the queens of taking quick showers. Early this year you never new when the gas would go out and your nice hot shower would become ice cold, with no warning. It always seemed to happen to me when I already had shampoo in my hair. The kombi repair guy came to our apartment three different times and did nothing. So I decided to take the cover off and see what I could do. I would like you to know that it has been three weeks now and the kombi has never worked better. So if things don’t work out with my teaching career, I can always become a kombi repairman!

Another pair of our teachers are currently looking for a new apartment. We will begin looking in April. Liz found an apartment she really liked. When she had a Turkish friend call, the landlord told her that wouldn’t rent the apartment to a Christian. Wow, the things we take for granted.

No comments: