About Me
- Crystal DeLong
- Virginia, United States
- the musings of a TCA (third culture adult) who has fallen in love with international teaching; this Virginia girl has been to Turkey and back again, read more to follow my travels around the globe...
Wednesday, May 09, 2007
Truly TCK
I have a funny story to tell you. About a month ago I went to Katie's birthday party. She's one of the Lundy clan that we eat with every week. She invited all of her friends and Jenna and myself. Jen recruited Jenna for the kitchen and me to entertain the girls since I work with high school all the time. We had a lot of fun. We played catchphrase. If you are not familiar with the game, you pass around a device that has a word on it. You try to get the other players to guess the word based on your clues. We had just had the word Batman. My turn comes and I say "Superman does this, Batman does this, Spiderman does this." "They do this to people in burning buildings, etc." I'm getting nothing even remotely close to the answer. After trying various superhero stuff I finally say, "Jesus does this" and EVERY girl screams at once, "SAVES!" Isn't that funny! Only in a room of MKs in Turkey would they not have a clue about Batman and Superman, but be infinitely familiar with the powers of their Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment