Thought I would share some random thoughts that I have been having lately.
It feels great to have a made a decision about next year. The kids are really pleased with my decision, which helps me feel good about my decision too. There is also this wonderful release of stress since I'm not longer fretting about making a decision. Jenna also decided to stay for another year. That makes me very happy. Really couldn't process what I would do without her here.
I really like mandelinas. They are a small orange that you can peel with your fingers and are in season right now in Turkey. They are yummy. I never had anything quite like them in America.
It has been raining a lot lately; which is a very good thing. I wish it was a little colder so it could be snow. The last two years it has snowed early in November, but it has not happened this year. That also makes me wonder about what I will actually do when it snows. As I walked home tonight I was very happy that I no longer have to stop as I walk up my hill for a break (at least most of the time). It's rather steep. We are praying for enough snow to close school, not so much we only slide up the hill. Jenna figures she can toboggan to school, I suggested a ski lift to get us back up the hill.
I'm really looking forward to coming home at Christmas. I can't believe how fast the last two weeks have gone by, which is a very good thing considering how slow the first three months went.
I really like Oreos. I think they are one of the best cookies invented. Someone brought some over for our girls movie night Saturday. I ate a lot of them. But later I got to dance them off. We had an old school hip-hop dancing time, after we danced to the musical "Bride and Prejudice." Another example of my brain being filled with useless knowledge, still knowing all the words to "Bust a Move."
Speaking of the 90's, which just finished watching season 1 of "Dawson's Creek." Neither Jenna nor Beth had ever seen it. It's been funny to remember how excited I was when Dawson and Joey finally got together. It's also been interesting to watch with people who have never seen it before.
This week we have parent-teacher conferences. Usually in America I only had about 10 out of my 150 students. Last year I had the most conferences of all the teachers, this year I only have 5 out of 60 students. Borrowing a suggestion from another teacher, I decided to have student conferences where we could talk about their grade, things they would like to improve, etc. As I have been meeting with them one on one, I've asked them for prayer requests. Then I have asked each one could I pray with them. No one has said no so far. It's been a really amazing experience. I've learned a lot about my students. It's motivating me to try to spend more one on one time with more students rather than the same circles of kids.
I'm going to Cappadocia this weekend with a group of friends. It will be the three new single teachers, our household, and two couples. I'm really looking forward to getting away. Cappadocia is a really relaxing place and its only about a three hour drive.

No comments:
Post a Comment