Saturday, April 05, 2008

Belgium & Amsterdam

I am certain that heaven will have tulips and chocolate is another must have. I have long believed that the tree of knowledge in the garden really had Godiva chocolate on it, what else could a woman not resist?!

Sorry it as taken me so long to get the rest of my Spring Break post online. [Links to the pictures are at the bottom of the page.] The first day of the trip we took a train to Brussels, Belgium. The highlight of Belgium was the food. We had Belgian waffles, Belgian chocolate, and Belgian fries. I also got to see a Seurat, one of my favorite painters. The trip was fun. It's so nice just to get away for a little while. The train was very nice. I enjoyed seeing green everywhere. I think I would like to see more of Belgium another time.
We then returned to Amsterdam. We actually stayed just outside of Amsterdam in Haarlem. I'm really glad we didn't actually stay in Amsterdam. There were parts of Amsterdam I really liked. Around the Anne Frank house the area was very pretty, there were lots of canals. The heart of Amsterdam though was just seedy. Marijuana and prostitution have both been legal since the 1980s. Everywhere smelled like pot in this area. It's really rather sad. Most of the customers are foreigners. This is a favorite vacation spot of Brits.

Belgium Photos
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=34709&l=a4a9d&id=620259852

Haarlem & Amsterdam

PS - I finally updated Photobucket with my pictures, I know that is easier for some of you to view. http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/CDeLong/Spring%20Break%2008/. I would also say this looked very nicely formatted and then went crazy when I uploaded it!

No comments: