I present to you the Oasis Class of 2009...

We started together in 2005, I was their new geography teacher, and they were freshmen. I've had so much fun with this class the past four years. They often drove me crazy, but that made me love them even more.

Lindiwe, my African beauty, she'll be staying in Turkey with her mother and brother until December. Then she'll be joining her sister in South Africa. They are below the equator, so their school year runs the opposite of ours. She'll be attending college in South Africa and plans to major in international relations. She wants to change the world.

Katie, my adopted niece, I taught for all four years. She moved to Turkey six years ago. Her family has become my family. Katie will be attending John Brown University in Arkansas, where she plans to become an elementary teacher.

China, my southern belle, is still in Turkey. At the moment, it looks like she might not leave till December. She plans to attend college in Tennessee and she is undecided as to a major.

Sarah is my little ray of sunshine. She is always ready with a hug and a smile. She's spent most of her life in Turkey. Sarah will be attending college in Indiana where she plans to major in nursing. Isn't she exactly the kind of nurse you would love to have?!

Peter was our resident genius, he scored a near perfect score on the math portion of the PSAT. This British-Canadian will be attending Waterloo University in Canada, where he will be majoring in some type of engineering that I can't pronounce. Peter has also lived in Turkey for most of his life.

Becca was born in Turkey. I think she's more Turkish than American sometimes. I've hung out with Becca a lot the last three years. She reminds me a lot of myself, scary as that is! :) Becca will be going to Anderson College in South Carolina where she wants to major in interior design.

Caleb is Turkish-American. He is so creative and artistic. I've posted his graduation speech, I think it really sums up the class and it definitely helps you get a little glimpse into Caleb's personality. Caleb will be attending Calvin College in Michigan were he'll major in communications. This kids are going to do some great things.
No comments:
Post a Comment