Saturday, January 23, 2010

My Life in a Movie

Recently I watched a cute movie called, "My Life in Ruins." It's about a history teacher who is unsatisfied with her life in America so she moves overseas. Sound vaguely familiar? I thought so. Needless to say, she ends up being a tour guide. No one really likes her tours though because they are too boring, filled with too much history. I've thought often about being a tour guide. Well, it is a romantic comedy, so the scraggly looking bus driver, cleans up and becomes a very handsome man. He's Greek and beautiful. After watching the movie, I was reminded of my desire to retire to Greece. When I visited Greece I picked the perfect spot to retire to, a lovely house on the coast. It also reminded me of my desire to marry a Greek man. I tired to get one of my Greek students to set me up when I was in Turkey. Of course I would have to find a Greek who liked Turkey. It was fun watching the movie and seeing all the similarities to Turkey. There was a little scene with this bread that looked just like Turkish simit. [Greece is still my favorite place of all he places I've ever visited.]

The author of this blog in no way condones or supports this movie. ;) It is PG-13, funny, but does have some sexual humor in a few places.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your disclaimer on the movie :) Susan