Monday, March 01, 2010

Easter Candy

I have to write about Easter candy. The other week I went to Target and they had put out all the Easter stuff. The person I was with was a little freaked out by my reaction. You should have seen me at Halloween with my mom in Target, oohing and awwing over candy that I hadn't seen in years and just had to have. Well Easter is even worse than that, because there are cute Easter baskets and lots of new candies that have been invented in the last four years. Plus little chick post-its, bunny pencils, Easter egg socks, and of course beautiful Easter hats and dresses.

It is important to preface this with the fact that Easter is probably my favorite holiday, it's close with Thanksgiving. Easter is when we celebrate the real reason for our salvation, the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. What an awesome day to start with a Sunrise Service, which has always been special in our family, then to come home to a basket full of chocolate!

More on the History of Easter at www.twilightbridge.com/hobbies/festivals/easter/story.htm

Cadbury Eggs are by far my favorite Easter candy. I was lucky enough to have them every year in Turkey due to wonderful family and friends who shipped them or carried them across the ocean. I also love Peeps, to the dismay of several of my friends. I love that Kristina graciously brought them to Turkey last year even though she thinks they are disgusting.

Every time I go to Target or Wal-mart right now I just walk up and down the Easter aisles, marveling at the treats. It just makes me feel happy. It makes me feel like spring and the newness of life, reminding me that the life I have is thanks to Jesus.

1 comment: