Saturday, May 21, 2011

Boy's Night

Friday night sixteen 9th grade boys invaded our apartment for a movie and dinner. Several months ago I had the 9th grade girls over and the boys were not going to let me forget that I owed them a trip to my house. I have to admit that I have always really enjoyed hanging out with the boys, and these guys did not disappoint. They were polite, they cleaned up after themselves and were very respectful. We watched "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure," one of my favorites. 

The weather has been amazing the last two weeks. They hung out our balcony for awhile; which we are really enjoying since we got some patio furniture. The boys definitely make me laugh. We had tacos and brownies, which they thought were amazing. Apparently the way to their hearts is definitely through their stomachs! What really surprised me was just how thankful they were and how much they seemed to enjoy themselves. They said it was the first time a teacher had them over except for a few boys who camped with a teacher in middle school. Only 4 of my students did not come, 2 were out of town, and a few had left by the time we took this picture.  Aren't they cute?!
    

No comments: