- My Bible
- My Quilt that my Mama made (yes I call her Mama, I am from the South), it makes my room feel like my room, plus it's really cool with a map on it)
- My Kindle & Computer - I'm counting this as one, all electronic equipment that keeps me in touch with the outside world, and Skype is the most awesome application ever!
- My Turkish rug - got to have a piece of Turkey with me no matter where I go
- My holiday blocks - my mom got these for me in college, they change with the seasons, and overseas they often don't celebrate the same things or don't have decorations, so this is a little something that helps me decorate for holidays
- My hair creme - let's be practical as well, I have naturally curly hair which often has a mind of its own, this helps me control it
- Ranch & Taco Seasoning - American essentials I can't live without
- Photos from home - especially a few from your childhood or high school, pre-digital age
- Medicine - another practical thing
- My DVDs - too much of a movie fan to live without them
About Me
- Crystal DeLong
- Virginia, United States
- the musings of a TCA (third culture adult) who has fallen in love with international teaching; this Virginia girl has been to Turkey and back again, read more to follow my travels around the globe...
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Top Ten Things
I've been in contact with some of the new teachers coming to Morocco. I love talking with newbies; I guess that is one of the reasons I agreed to do orientation. I love sharing what I have learned over the years. Turkey taught me a lot, best to pass it on I say! One of them asked me what would be the top ten things I would bring that I couldn't live without here. I had to think for a bit, but this is what I came up with.
No comments:
Post a Comment