Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Home!

Ethan is a cutie!
It's official, I'm home!  After over 24 hours of traveling and mostly being up for 48 hours straight, I am back in America for the summer. I was able to make a pit stop in Chicago and see family while I had a long layover.  I love that they live so close to the airport!  I was able to catch up with the adults, meet the new addition and see how much my two beautiful little cousins had grown.  Mama, Daddy and Courtney picked me up in Charlotte and we got home at 4:15 am.  I think a positive side effect to all the crazy travel is that I do not seem to be suffering from jet lag too bad. I usually have a harder time when I travel this direction, so far I've been sleeping pretty good.

I'm looking forward to sharing about my adventures this year while I'm home. I'll be speaking in Bedford on Sunday if you are in the area.  It will be a short summer, I head back the first weekend in August.  So far I have been indulging in some amazing yummy American foods.  Last night we had pork chops, sweet potatoes, and biscuits with apple butter; I was in heaven!   

1 comment:

Bteacher99 said...

Yeah, I'm behind in my reading, but Amazon.com sells apple butter in those cute little plastic cups. I was going to order some, but Sara swears she can buy a jar and pack it in plastic for me. I wanted apple butter!!