Usually when I am home in the summer things are very busy; feels like my schedule is just planned out the entire time I am home. This summer however feels more like a true vacation. After the craziness of the last two months in Morocco I am ready for some down time. Yesterday I just sat on my grandparent's porch for 2 hours talking with them. The weather was wonderful, we had a nice breeze, felt like a little taste of heaven.
Last Sunday I got to share at two churches. Some great folks at Thaxton Baptist have been diligent to pray for me every week. It was great to visit with them and worship there. That night I spoke at my parent's church, who have always been very supportive. I had several surprise visitors, family and friends I had not seen in several years made the trip in to visit for a little while. They all seemed to enjoy the Moroccan food that I prepared for them along with some Moroccan cookies and mint tea.
By the way, I can't believe how hard it is to find mint here! This bouquet of mint we bought on the side of the street, there are women who sell mint and other such things alongside the road, for the bargain price of 5 dirhams, which is about 60 cents. For $2 I got not even a handful of mint from the store in America.
I know my summer schedule is really going to pick up in the next two weeks, and it's crazy to think how quickly time will pass and before I know it, I will be heading back to Morocco. Check out pictures so far from the summer, I'll be adding more as the summer progresses. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150299187594853.392561.620259852&l=b1b0125d4c

No comments:
Post a Comment