Right now I'm having a hard time as I realize how quickly my time in America has passed and how soon I will be returning to Morocco. Once I get back to Morocco I will hit the ground running helping with orientation the following day. It is easy to focus on all the things I am not excited about like being very conscious about what I am wearing, the heat and humidity without air-conditioning, missing my family, and returning for almost the entire month of Ramadan. Instead, I've decided to try and focus on the things that I am looking forward to and I thought I would share a few with you.
While I will miss my Grandma and Aunt's garden, I love the produce in Morocco. It may require some extra cleaning and bleaching, but it is a lot cheaper and has quite the variety. I miss my ocean view from the balcony of our apartment. As much as I enjoy and greatly appreciate the hospitality of my parents, I am also looking forward to sleeping in my bed, cooking in my kitchen, lounging on my couch, etc. It will be good to get back in a regular routine. I miss my new friends that I made this past year, it will be great to see those who are returning. It is also exciting to meet new teachers, many of which are moving overseas for the first time.
It seems especially hard this time to say good-bye to family and friends; I realized today that I had to start focusing on the things that I was looking forward to or it was going to be very difficult to get on that plane August 7th!

No comments:
Post a Comment