Friday, March 02, 2012

What I have been up to lately...

The weather seems to have finally made a turn for spring and "winter" may be coming to an end.  There is still a chill inside the buildings, but the sun is refreshingly warm.  The grass is green, for now, this winter we did not get much rain, so this could be the beginning of a drought.  The lack of rain is a concern for many of the farmers.

I just returned from my second graduate class.  I was able to attend a study center in the Hague, Netherlands where I spent four intensive days learning about research methods in education.  Now I just have to write my 5,000 word paper on a research inquiry that I would like to make.  I am going to be looking at teacher turnover at our school.

In other news, a lot of my time has been filled with completing applications as well as planning for our MUN trip to the Netherlands at the end of March and our senior trip to the Canary Islands in May.  I have never traveled as much as I am getting to travel this school year.  Every month since school started, except September, I have left Morocco.  In February, I left twice, to Turkey and the Netherlands.  I feel unbelievably blessed with the opportunities that I have had over the past 6 years to see so much of the world, especially Europe.  Living in Morocco has afforded me even more opportunities due to its close proximity to Europe and the relatively cheap flights to Europe. 

I feel more and more that God is calling me back to America at the end of this school year for a season.  I am not sure how long that season will last, so I am happy to have the opportunity to travel as much as I can this year.  It has all been the most stressful year of my life, so I feel that God knew that I would need to get away from Morocco frequently this year.  It has been a privilege to chaperone my students on 4 of the trips that I have taken out of the country this year. 

While I feel like I have seen a lot, in reality, it is only 8% of the world!  There is so much more to see and experience.  My friend Bryce, mentioned in a previous post, is ten years younger than me and has visited 45 countries! 


visited 18 states (8%)
Create your own visited map of The World

No comments: