Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Spring Visitor

Over Spring Break Kristina came to visit.  We spent a few days in Morocco. We went to the hamam, like a Roman Bath.  I wanted to her to have some truly Moroccan experiences.  Then we traveled to Fes with a fellow teacher and friend.  It was good for me to have a close friend see my life here with fresh eyes.  Sometimes I feel like maybe my perceptions are not correct, or maybe I am too sensitive to the way women are treated.  However, Kristina confirmed that I was not crazy.  

After Fes we went to Paris for a couple of days.  I've been looking at flights within America for this summer, and I am so amazed that it is much cheaper for me to fly to Europe from Morocco that it will be for me to fly within the States this summer.  A little ironic I think.

Paris was lovely.  It was great to get out of Morocco without having to keep up with 15 students or have to go to class.  The tulips were in bloom and we had lovely weather, albeit a little chilly.

You can check out more photos here:
Pictures from Fes
Pictures from Paris

The trip to Europe was refreshing; some days it is just really hard to be here.  I think that is one of the reasons I have not written as much on my blog lately. I am so frustrated with the school and country, but I don't want to gripe on my blog.  I know that some of the frustration is temporary and things are just difficult when you are ready to leave a place.  There have and continue to be good experiences here and I am trying to focus on that.    

No comments: