Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Unemployment and Blind Dates

I am ardently trying to find a job in  America.  Being the type A personality that I am, I have a list of all the places I have applied to, what information I have sent them, and if I have had a response from them.  At this point I have applied to 15 different schools.  While it seems like I would be a great catch, in reality I'm too qualified (translation too expensive) or not qualified enough (masters not completed).  I'm beginning to see the real advantage to staying in the same school system forever.

This all has led me to realize how much applying for a job is like going on a blind date.  You find someone who you think will be a great match.  After a few emails you decide to met in person, for an interview/date.  You dress your best.  After a great conversation, you leave thinking, that was great, he'll definitely call me soon.  You wait by the phone.  Days, weeks pass.  Sadly, he's just not that into you. 

No comments: