Monday, June 11, 2012

The Butcher

Pretty much every weekend we have to go shopping.  That usually means a trip to get produce followed by the grocery store.  I particularly like one grocery store because one of the meat men is cute.  Yes, leave it to me to find one of the few Moroccan red heads.  Some people are curious, so my roommates snapped a picture while trying not to be obvious, but they kind of were. He kept looking at them as they were giggling.  Yeah. 

Anyways, our banter always is "How are you? I'm fine, thank you.  Could I have one kilo of .  Enjoy, thanks."  It's mostly in French, but I've thrown in some Arabic words occasionally.  It's always been one of my highlights of the shopping trip, harmless flirting.  However, the last time we went, well I have to admit, he just wasn't as cute anymore.  I think it is a sign that I am really ready to leave Morocco. 

No comments: