Monday, June 11, 2012

Collegiate Visit

As you know in October I took four students to America for this leadership conference in Virginia.  The American students we met really connected with our Moroccan students; so much so that they decided to come visit Morocco as part of their senior project.  Nine American students and two of their teachers descended upon us two weeks ago.  Clare and I spent months planning across the ocean.  I organized host families for the students and worked on their schedule for their time here.  It was great to reconnect with them and so wonderful to see them reconnect with our students.  What was even more beautiful were the new friends they made and how just ten days in this country changed their worldview.  Nothing can take the place of the experiences they had staying with our Moroccan students in their homes.  They visited our classrooms and the city.  They even got to spend a few days in Marrakesh. 

To really get a insight into their experiences, check out their blog they kept during their time here:
http://collegiateinmorocco.wordpress.com/

No comments: