
Wow! That's what I have to say about Greece! I'll be posting several more blogs about Greece, but I thought I would give you a little taste of what happened. BTW - we were not affected by the earthquake. We were driving in the car and we didn't even feel it!
You just wouldn't believe how beautiful it was there. I have found my retirement home! I am going to live in a beautiful cottage on the Aegean coast of Greece. We had a wonderful time. I had great traveling companions. I we still like each other after all that traveling! We took the bus from Turkey to Greece. But we decided to fly back, because it took 22 hours total bus time. And the ferry was just about as long. Flying only took two hours!
We rented a car for part of the time, which was wonderful. It gave us a greater freedom not being dependent on bus schedules. Things closed early since it is the off-season, but that gave us the opportunity to just walk around the different places we stayed.
I had pork for every lunch and dinner meal except one. Yeah! And it was so nice to see churches and nativity scenes. But it is nice to be home. I've got a lot of catching up to do, so I'll write more later.
PS - Happy Birthday Daddy! Love you and Miss you!

No comments:
Post a Comment