Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Snow Days



Today is our second snow day. It snowed a lot on Monday, but we still had school. Tuesday morning we had over 6 inches on the ground, so we cancelled school. We tried not to since we have exams. I just found out that the regular Turkish schools are still out of school. Apparently they don't have heat in their buildings so they get out for two months in the winter and then have a really short summer. But most of the private schools are still in session.

Last night we made the call not to have school today either. We have over a foot of snow. It snowed all day yesterday. It was crazy. I know it's snowed like that in Virginia before, it's just been a long time since I've seen it. We're supposed to try to have school tomorrow, but the roads are a complete mess. A lot of our kids ride the service bus or public transportation.

This picture is just outside of our apartment building. The snow is halfway to my knee. It's a good snow for playing in, but it's still a little too cold for that. Jenna and myself figured we would come to school to check e-mail and try to get some grades averaged. I hear it's really warm at home, so I'm sending you wintery thoughts!

No comments: