
Well, I got talked into going ice skating with my roomates and four of our high schoolers. We're having a ball at the school this Saturday so we left early to go looking for dresses with two of the high school girls. We had lunch at Burger King and then headed for the rink.
It was fun and I only fell twice. I was impressed since I have only skated one other time in my life, in elementary school. All I remember from that was falling A LOT! The rink was pretty messy on the ice, it needed a zamboni cleaning. With some help from the kids, I got the hang of it. But I freak out when I gain any speed. Needless to say I fell on my wrist.
Which prompted a visit to the hospital when I woke up Sunday and my hand was swollen twice its normal size. Alas, no break, just a sprain. It's doing much better now, still hurts some though. The hospital visit was interesting. All Turkish doctors have to speak English. The same is not required for anyone else though! There was one nurse who spoke English. I didn't have to wait at all. That would never happen in the states.
I'm mentally sending you guys snow. I'm so tired of seeing it and walking in it here. It never melts because it never gets above freezing. It's going to be a long winter! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment