I have made an official life decision. I've always known that I did not want to live above the Mason-Dixon Line, but I now have confirmed it. I have realized I could not live in New England. The weather here in Ankara is very reminiscent of New England. I like Virginia's snow. Come for a few days, looks pretty, then melts and goes away. I am very thankful that I do not have a car to dig out or scrap or wait to heat up in the mornings!
Another thought, watching the Olympics live is very cool. That was always one of my complaints about NBC in the states. Though I do miss Bob Costa's personal interviews with the athletes where he goes to their home and tells all about the trials they have faced. My only complaint about Euro Sport is that they don't play the country's anthems when they do the medal ceremonies. Beth is at home sick with pneumonia, it's been perfect for her; she loves the Winter Olympics.
I have another big trip coming soon. I'll be going to Italy for Spring Break. It's just 6 weeks away. I'm super excited. It's so nice being in Turkey that I'm so close to Europe. I have a friend who'll be visiting from the states and we'll be going to Florence and Venice. I can't wait to see some of the Renaissance pieces that I've taught about and only seen in books.
I'm also beginning to realize how much I'm going to miss my students over the summer. And it is especially hard knowing that some of them I'll never see again. It's amazing how close you can become to them in such a short time. Our school continues to grow. I've gotten 6 new students since the semester started 2 weeks ago. We have people already enrolling for next year as well. We'll also be getting more new teachers next year as our staff expands.

No comments:
Post a Comment