Friday, May 05, 2006

God is good all the time!

I'm sorry I haven't posted in awhile. It has been busier than normal around here. Officially we only have 5 more weeks of school left! [Right now I have this lovely feeling because I've planned out my lessons for the rest of the year.] Our last day is June 9th, graduation is that night. We have every weekend booked between now and then. Our household has been particularly busy, Beth is the director for our school's play. It's in two weeks, and our whole house has been drafted into helping in some way.

I have to share a praise with you. My car finally sold. I have been praying for so long. I knew it was all in God's time, but as I was making that car payment every month, I did feel a sense of frustration. My prayer partner, Sara, will not be returning here next year. She's been working overseas for four years, so she doesn't have a car in the states. Sara is going to buy my car. I'll get to drive it for a month and then she'll drive to VA to get it in July. That part even works out too, she lives in Florida, but they have family in Rocky Mount. Isn't God good!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and just enjoying some of the things I've missed this year. I've been working on my "America List" - all the things I need to buy this summer that I can't get here. One of my good friends has been sending me tapes from America of "Survior" and "Gilmore Girls". [I love you Andrea!] The commericals are killing me! I'm dying to try Wendy's new "Carolina Burger"! But tonight I'm savoring all the good Turkish food I can get. We are going to Hacibaba's to celebrate a staff memeber's birthday. They have the best humus.

No comments: