Monday, April 17, 2006

He is Risen!


Easter was a beautiful day. We left our apartment at 5:45 am to climb the hill behind our buildings for a great view of the city. There were only four of us for sunrise service. I was disappointed that there were not more believers interested in joining. But we had a very nice service with the four of us. The sun crested over the hill around 6:30 am. It really was a great view of the city. And we had a nice time of praise and thanksgiving. [I'll put more pictures on my photobucket account tomorrow.]

We came back and had a wonderful pancake breakfast complete with bacon and maple syrup ( both are rarites here). Jenna and I went to service at the Anglican church. It was very nice. They had a baptism and I enjoyed a service that was different for me. I really like Father Geoffery. His messages are really good. I just hate that it is so far away (20 minutes in taxi or one hour public transportation). Jenna and I had a nice lunch and for dinner we joined some other teachers. I got to talk to most of my family at home that night. It was a very different Easter, but it was nice. Hope you all are enjoying weather as nice as we are having here. It's sunny and 70!

No comments: