Tuesday, August 29, 2006

No longer the New Guy!

Here I am estatic to have my luggage! It was a long and tiring journey back to Turkey. I had flight delays which then changed all my connecting flights. Needless to say, my luggage couldn't keep up with all that! It did arrive the next evening. And I am very happy to report that the cheese, bacon, and sausage that I brought in those suitcases was still in very good condition.

The weather has been very warm. It's easy to forget how hot it gets here when it was cold for so long. Today is very nice though. It's in the low 90s, but there is a very cool breeze. The temperature in my new classroom is wonderful.

School starts on Thursday. It's so nice not to be the new person this year. I know how things work. I know where to go if I need something. It's wonderful. Of course I am teaching 4 new courses this year, so I still have lots of work ahead of me. But I have the added advantage of not dealing with all the culture shock on top of everything else. It's amazing that in just one year I'm now one of the senior members of the staff! Currently we have just over 150 students on roll, but everyday there are prospective students touring the building. There are a lot of exciting opportunities this year.

No comments: