Thursday, October 19, 2006

My new roomate


Hana is our new roomate. I thought you might like to see a picture of her. This is Esmer on the left, our Turkish teacher, and Hana, our art teacher, on the right. Hana is from Hong Kong and in her early forties. [I know, who would believe it! Asians age so well!] She had worked in Turkey previously for a year. Before teaching she was a graphic designer. When she returns to Hong Kong in January, she hopes to find a job in that field again.

She is a very talented artist. She has several paintings in her room that I've told her I might have to take a few to ease her baggage amount. Jenna and I do not see much of Hana. She is with another company and is just on loan to Oasis. I am getting an education in different types of foods as well.

It's a different situtation than with Beth. The three of us did most everything together when Beth was living with us. So this arrangement has taking a little getting used to. But we are very happy to have Hana living with us, things are going well. And of course, we really like the bills when they are split by three not two! :)

No comments: