Saturday, October 14, 2006

Rainy Days

It's been awhile since my last post. I've been crazy busy. We had testing this week, which was loads of fun of course! :) My weekends have been filled with lots of activites. I haven't even been able to do all the things I want to.

It's the rainy season for Ankara. We've had several rainy days this past month. It's so dry, there is nowhere really for it to go. We went shopping the other weekend and it turned into a monsoon! It was crazy, never seen it rain like that here. We were soaked, but had lots of fun.

I'm really excited about my trip to Prague. We leave Friday night. We'll take a bus to Istanbul and fly out of Istanbul early in the morning. We'll get to the Czech Republic before lunch. Then Jenna and I have 5 days to see Prague and the surrounding area. Jenna has never traveled outside of Turkey, much less been to a real castle [coming to teach in Turkey was her first trip overseas]. That makes the trip extra exciting knowing that it's a big first for her.

The next big trip will be coming home for Christmas. For Spring Break I'm torn between going to the Black Sea region of Turkey or Cyprus. I have not visited either, and really want to. Hope alll is well with you. I'll be posting some pictures from Canadian Thanksgiving soon and I look forward to sharing about my adventures in Prague.

No comments: