Friday, September 29, 2006

Another Year Older & Wiser


This Wednesday was my birthday. It was a good day. Here I am at lunch with a cake that one of my students gave me. Mohammed is also fasting for Ramazan so he didn't even get to have a piece! It was very good, they put fruit all in the cake. The birthday pin gets passed to each teacher on their birthday. And we even have two should anyone have the same birthday!

The day started out well. I had sausage and egg for breakfast and blueberry muffins. Very American! At school we had cake with the teachers. I got loads of birthday wishes from all the students. I also got lots of nice presents from them. They are such a caring group of students.

That evening we had Hannah-Lee, Eric and Liz over for dinner. They are the ones I went to Greece with last year. We had Mexican haystacks (rice, beans, beef, chips, lettuce, cheese, etc.) with peach salsa (and cinnamom chips, H-L made, really yummy!). For desert Jenna made me a chocolate chip cheescake. It was divine. Then we played Phase 10. I won!

I had a second celebration at the Lundy's the next night. They are my second family here. We had a lovely dinner and then a good episode of Stargate.

I got lots of e-cards and e-mail wishes. And the two important phone calls, one from my parents and one from my grandma who always calls on my birthday. It was a very nice day. As one friend reminded me, I can now say that I have celebrated two birthdays overseas, and that's pretty cool!

There are a few pictures from my birthday on-line. http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/CDeLong/Turkey/Birthday/
And I also added a few new ones in a new section under Turkey titled school. http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/CDeLong/Turkey/School/

No comments: