Friday, September 08, 2006

Where are they now?


Here are last year's seniors [Sam, Dimitar, Majid & Heidi]. David was also a senior, but did not officially graduate from Oasis since he was only here for a semester. I'm feeling their absence, their presences are missed here. I've seen Sam, he is heading today to Bursa (the western coast of Turkey). He'll be teaching English to kindergarteners. Dimitar was planning to stay and go to school in Turkey, but I have not heard from him. We do have three new students this year from Macedonia though. Majid has returned to the United Arab Emirates. His five sibilings though are all students here at OIS. Heidi is in college at Northwestern in Nebraska. She's very happy and settling in well, though missing us too. Her family is in the states through December to help see that she gets settled in well. We're looking forward to her younger sister, Holly, returning second semester. I espically miss David (not pictured). I had him for government and study hall. We had lots of great discussions. He's doing well in college in the states.

The school year has started off well. We have Parent Open House tonight. It's great that I know 75% of my students' parents. We have very supportive parents here. The biggest problem we have is often their low level of English ability.

No comments: