Monday, April 16, 2007

From Ankara to Istanbul

Here we are in Istanbul in front of the Hagia Sophia - 6 chaperones and 31 students from age 14 to 18! We had beautiful weather. The tulips were all in bloom. You wouldn't believe how many pictures of tulips I took! You can check out pictures on my photobucket site under Turkey, then school, the field trip. Everyone seemed to have fun and really enjoy themselves. I'm very tired, but I would do it again!


It was a whirlwind tour. We left Ankara at 6am on Friday. We arrived for lunch in Istanbul then visited the Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque and the Grand Bazaar. We then went to Taksim Square for dinner (the Times Square of Istanbul). The next morning we went to the archaeology museum, then the Chora Church (gorgeous mosaics and frescoes), lunch, then Dolmabache Palace. We then headed home, getting into Ankara at 10:30 pm. Whew! We had a lot of laughs. What a great group of kids! And I returned everyone with all 10 fingers and toes. :) It was really nice to see them excited to see the things we had talked about in class. It was even nicer to have so many of them thank me for taking them.

No comments: