
You may remember that Ankara is very large. It is a city of 4 million. A big change for a girl like me who grew up in the country. Roanoke only has a population of 70,000. I have realized that Sunday morning is the only quiet time in our building. Our walls are pretty thin, we can always here the neighbors, the elevator, people outside, etc. I have been awake at various hours during the night and there is always activity. It reminds me on when I visited my cousin Tim in New York, a city that never sleeps.

Ankara is also very polluted. I've been told this is what LA looks like. The massive amount of people and cars, combined with the fact that many people still use coal, makes for a large amount of smog. Compare these two pictures. The first picture is a pretty clear day. You can see all the way to the mountains. The sky is not totally blue, but that is very rare for a clear blue sky. I am enjoying a cloudy blue sky today. The second picture is of a very smoggy day. You can see that you can't see out of Çiğdem. Pray as we look for a new apartment. You can see there are loads of apartments, but the key is finding on close enough to the school, the right price and just the right place. We are actively looking now.
No comments:
Post a Comment