Saturday, June 09, 2007

Winding Down

Another year is coming to a close. We've have several big events the last couple of weeks. This is the first year that we had a band, they did a great job. My classroom is very near the music room, so I've gotten to hear their improvement all year long!



My classroom has been busy too. In my World History and US History classes we finished up the year with presentations of historical figures. Each student picked a person, researched them and became them for the day. They did a first person presentation in class in costume and also did a visual project representing their person. I was very proud of their hard work. This picture has William the Conqueror, Jesus, Nur Jahan, Hatshepsut, Leonardo da Vinci and Hannibal.


Last night we had the Senior Farewell Party. This was a big production. It went very well. Now that it is over my stress level has greatly lowered. I'm not waking up at random hours thinking of all the things that need to be done! This is a our largest graduating class so far, 12. I think it will be an emotional graduation because we are not just saying goodbye to the seniors, but many other students as well. We are losing half of our high school. We've also had two families just this week receive transfers. Of course we'll get new students, but it will be a very different place next year. This senior class is really amazing. They are definite leaders and their absence will be felt.

No comments: