Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My 100th Post

It has been a busy week, and it's only Wednesday! I finally have some pictures to post (this is Stacey & I at Beth's party). Monday we celebrated Beth's birthday at the Lundy's. On Tuesday night we celebrated Stacey's birthday at our house. I told them it would have been much more convenient if they had a least a few days to separate their births. We had lots of great food and way too many deserts. Next week we'll be celebrating my birthday, I'm working on a three to four day event. We'll celebrate with the Lundy's on Wednesday. Thursday, my actual birthday, we're going out to dinner with a few friends. Then Friday night after school we'll have friends over to the house to play games and eat. Saturday I'll go shopping in Ulus, it's my birthday tradition here, I go every year the weekend of my birthday, it's my favorite spot in Ankara. We're only planning on having cake two of the days, I think we should have leftovers for Friday. :) I'll let you know how it goes.

Stacey will only be with us for another three weeks. Due to visa issues, she is going to teach in Korea for the remainder of this year, and then hopefully return to Turkey the following year. Stacey taught in Korea before she came to Turkey. I'm really going to miss her, she's one of my closest friends here. The good news is we hope to meet up with Stacey in Thailand at Spring Break. We will see because it's pretty expensive to fly from Turkey to Thailand, not sure why, but it is. I'm really looking forward to our extended weekend the end of October. We are going to rent a car and go to the Black Sea. I'm really excited about that. I've never been there before, and I love driving!

No comments: