The second week of school is officially over. I haven't gotten anymore new students. We could stand to have some more, especially in the high school. I think we need at least 20 more students to meet our budget needs, if not, the cutting begins. I'm not nearly as tired as I was at the end of last week. I'm having a much more relaxing Saturday.
We've had a lot of students and teachers ill this week, a stomach flu has been going around. Thankfully I haven't had it, but my roommate Beth did. I'm trying to get plenty of Vitamin C and wash my hands often.
Ramazan started on Thursday. The new teachers are trying to adjust to hearing the drummer every morning at 3:30 am. [To find out more about Ramazan read my blog from last year around this time. Actually Ramazan is two weeks earlier than last year, Muslims have a lunar calendar. Their calendar is shorter than ours, so the holiday moves forward each year. That makes it hard now because the daylight hours are longer.] I sleep with earplugs, so I haven't heard the drums. I was amazed on Thursday morning how different things were. I noticed as I walked to school there were not many people out, no one going to get bread or eating breakfast on their balconies. We also only have one student fasting this year in the high school. We lost a lot of our devout students last year, Muslims and Christians. It all provides for a different atmosphere.

1 comment:
I found salsa mix for you! I bought you 6 packs. How long will that last??
Post a Comment