Sunday, October 21, 2007

Champions

I've been going to a lot of volleyball games lately. I like to support the kids and they always want us to come and cheer them on. This weekend we had an invitational tournament with three other international schools. Our girls came in 4th, but the boys finished first. It's been great to watch them improve.

Sports are very different here than what you are used to in the states. First of all we don't have a gym, we have a basketball court outside which serves a variety of functions. Second, we are such a small school and there are a variety of activities with limited number of students, that practice is only two days a week for one hour. I remember coaching soccer and it was two and a half hours after school everyday. Most of their practice has come from just actually playing games. The season is not over yet, we still have a couple more games and the final tournament to wrap up the season.

We also had our first cross-country tournament this weekend and our girls placed very well. Four of the top five spots were held by our girls, including the first spot. [Here's the Principal's youngest daughter, Eva, cheering the teams on. Ain't she cute!]

I posted lots more pictures of the bunch of us that were watching the games on my photobucket site (the link is below). There are some great pictures of the kids and us teachers, acting like kids.

Also, I couldn't remember if I mentioned this or not, but due to popular demand you can now leave comments on my blog. I was informed this now makes me an official blogger. :) Just click on the comments link under any entry and then just follow the directions.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/CDeLong/Turkey/School/Volleyball/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crystal, your team photo is great!!! Mine turned out blurry (maybe I'll steal yours for my facebook!) It really was fun. Thanks for all the ways you support the school.

Natalie said...

Now if only I could subscribe to your blog so I know when it has been updated. I guess I'll just keep checking it manually. Geez!