
Last week I was invited to a Macedonian reception, hosted by the Macedonian Embassy. This reception was at the very swanky Swiss Hotel. The reception was to celebrate Macedonia's independence from Yugoslavia. I currently teach two students from Macedonia. Every year I've been at Oasis I have taught a student from Macedonia. For the third year I am teaching the ambassador's daughter. I also think it's really cool that the ambassador is a woman. When you entered the reception (and exited) there was a receiving line where you greeted the ambassador and military attache. Of the three people there, I had taught all of their children. They are European, and we are in Turkey, so I kissed the women, and shook hands with the men. The food was amazing.

There was a large group from Oasis that went. I thought I would share a few pictures.

This week we went to the Malaysian reception for their independence. This is the first year I have taught a Malaysian student. I actually have three siblings. The food at the Malaysian reception was EXCELLENT! I could totally live there and eat all that wonderful food all the time. The kids were so excited that we came. It's fun to see them in a different setting and meet their families.

No comments:
Post a Comment