I had a great time in Canada visiting friends from Turkey. It's great to connect and spend time with people who shared in my time in Turkey. They also are in the process of re-entry, so it is also nice to have someone to process with.I flew into Michigan on Thursday, where I met Caleb, one of my former students. He took me on a quick tour of his campus, Calvin College. I even got to see his dorm room. That night we went to a Turkish restaurant. The main dish was mediocre, but I enjoyed the ambiance and the opportunity to hear and speak Turkish. We were even treated to a wonderful baklava desert by the owner, who came out and talked to us (so Turkish!).
Eric & Hannah-Lee are living at their cousin's lake house. There are lots of lakes in Canada. The view from their back porch was amazing. (see previous post)
Link to my photos on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3957464&l=03bcabe59a&id=620259852

No comments:
Post a Comment