
Most of the time I was in Canada, we were just hanging out. That's the main reason I went to Canada, was just to spend some time with my friends. As Hannah-Lee, Letitia, and I played cards I looked around. Eric & Caleb were playing music, we were drinking tea; we could have been in Turkey. It's so great when you hang out with people and it just feels like family. That's how it is with them.
I got to meet lots of Hannah-Lee & Eric's family. I think it's great to get to see places where people are from. Knowing people in Turkey only tells you part of their story. I know when I went to Kansas to visit Jenna's home it connected some dots as I met her family, friends and visited places where she grew up. I'm looking forward to showing off Virginia and my family as several of my students come in to visit for Thanksgiving.

Really, what could be better than sitting in front of fire with friends, drinking tea and listening to music? [Only thing I can think of is having more friends there.] Eric & Caleb have a band called "Be Lyrebirds." They are really good. They have had several people contribute to their work. You can check out their myspace site or download two of their songs on ilike.
Here's a little clip:
No comments:
Post a Comment