Jenna & several of her friends are getting ready to travel to France over Spring Break. As I was rambling on her voice mail (which I routinely do) I was talking about my time in France and got to talking about food. That conversation led me to this idea for a post. These are my favorite meals of all time.
1. Dinner in Paris, France with my brother on our last night there. We found this great cafe near our hotel. We had duck with a grape sauce complemented with the most amazing red wine.
2. My first night in Venice, Italy with my friend Chad. I had this amazing pasta stuffed with spinach and meat. I can't even begin to tell you how great it was. (I would also say as an overall, Italy has the best food. Everything I ate that trip was great.)
3. My first real deep-dish pizza in Chicago, shared with my cousin Paul and my great friend Arlene on our first night in Chicago. (I was starving, I think that made it taste even better.)
4. My last meal at my grandparents with my family before I went to Turkey to live for a year. I especially remember the cornbread and sweet potatoes. (Everything I eat at my grandma's is amazing, especially her cornbread.)
5. My last meal at the Manti House, the restaurant that Jenna and I went to almost every week. They served us our "regular" meal.
6. My first NC bbq in a year, I had this summer with my friend Kristina. She didn't care much for it, but man it was amazing.
7. My first taste of pork in 6 months. When we went to Greece that December of my first year in Turkey, I had pork almost every meal. There was the especially great pork gyro on the trip that I remember being delicious.
Other favorites in no particular order:
-my Grandma DeLong's chocolate pie & her banana pudding (I think she'll probably make me some in heaven)
-my aunt Betty's amazing eclair pie
-my first real hamburger after a year in Turkey, was at the Karnes', Kristina's mom also makes the best baked beans
-any time I can get a Cubbie's burger in NC
-these amazing apple pastries in Greece
*And of course I have photos of lots of these! :) We all know my obsession with taking pictures of my food. Of course it is a fairly new obsession that started after I moved to Turkey.

No comments:
Post a Comment