Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Turkish Festival

This past weekend I had the opportunity to go to Raleigh for the NC Turkish Festival. This festival is hosted by the Turkish-American Association in the area. I had found out about the event from my roommate's sister. I was super excited to be around Turkish food and culture for the day. Though it was a little smaller than I had hoped, I was not disappointed. The food was so good! Here I have döner (lamb & beef) and mantı (Turkish ravioli). The döner just melted in your mouth, it was amazing. We also had Turkish tea and baklava. I can't wait until this fall when I'll get to eat Turkish food in Turkey!

*On a side note I am also excited about Moroccan food. My understanding is that there is a lot of the spicy but sweet flavor, which I really love.

No comments: